Friday 5 February 2010

Evaluation for the finished music video

Looking back at the music video today I have realised that as much as I thought that it wasn’t going to work, I was severely mistaken.
During the production I had doubts, Mike and Tom weren’t taking things as seriously as I was, and this angered me. All Mike wanted to do was prat around and Tom didn’t seem to have the will to stop him, in the end I started to loose my temper, and started telling Mike that if he didn’t get his act together, then he wouldn’t receive full marks because to be quite frank, apart from act, Mike had not taken any form of role in pre-production, the Work he completed was not to the standard I thought it would have been so I decided to (stupidly) redo all of the work myself to achieve my own grades, this has proved to be my undoing as I've handed the work in late and so Im not sure how my tutors will act on this. In the end I took on most of the roles, I was mostly director and editor with a lot of my own pre-production thrown in, tom was cameraman and mike was (supposed to be) pre-production. After we shot the footage and came back to college to start editing, we were greeted with an extreme annoyance. The camera lens on the days we filmed must have been dirty because the footage was all pixilated which meant we had dodgy footage. We were all rather annoyed at this and were all thinking about giving up due to the fact that it meant that we would all have to reshoot. I showed the footage to my tutor who commented saying that it was not a disaster and that the pixilation was good because it made us look more like we were turning into the game, the game of course being assassins creed, has many areas when the game pixilates and glitches, which we thought about for a minute and then realised that he was right and that in a really twisted way, it worked!
In the end once the video was completely edited Mike lost his tape. This meant that we could log our clips and put them into log sheets. I was very annoyed at mike and made him sit in front of the Mac and log the clips from the raw footage on the mac. Mike didn’t take kindly to this and hardly spoke to me before I left. Also Tom tried to take part in a lot of the work, but constantly asked me for help when doing the paperwork because he didn’t know what he was doing and to be honest we had both given up on mike because he had hardly done anything and seemed to always be pratting around with Perry.
In the end once the video was completely edited we saw instantly that the unintentional pixilation worked very well. It seriously made us look like we were turning into assassin’s creed and I Loved it so much, it gave our video the independence that it needed and it was perfect and I couldn’t have asked for more.
Also I Love the way I edited it with the stunts that the assassin pulled off in the video and used my imagination to combine them with the shots of me and mike running around looking like idiots. The only problem which occurred was the fact that we didn’t have second assassin’s creed video which if we had done then it would have had more contrast because the video is set in the evening in Venice, which would have given more depth, also if would have meant we would have had to shoot at night and now I look back at it I wish we had. If we were to do it again I think that I would do just that and include more footage of the assassin and give more feel into the video also, I would lengthen the music with some more fills and maybe try and think of some lyrics that would go with it.

Below is the assassin’s creed 2 opening video to show what we could have achieved if we had though of it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment